Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Grade: Micah's Birthday Weekend!


How would you grade your weekend? I would have to grade mine a big fat A+. This was one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long time and it was mostly lived through my little man’s excitement. Micah is now 7 (almost – his real bday is Wednesday). SEVEN freaking years old! Where has the time gone? I can’t believe he is that old.

I remember the first time I met the little guy, he was only 2 and was really shy to come down the steps at Kim and Randy’s house to say hi. Little did I know that he was so full of personality!! Hah. I love this little guy and I was so glad to hear him say things as “This is the best day of my life!” or “I wish this day would never end!” It made Brittany and my weekend to hear the little dude say those things. So glad he had a blast!

Now, you might be wondering what we did? WELLLLLLLL. It started on Saturday, we went to Chuck E. Cheese and had a blast with all of his friends and family. Then, came back home and opened all of his wonderful presents and within an hour we had a houseful of kids! We played Beyblades, video games and had an epic nerf sword and gun battle.

The next morning the kids woke up and played more video games and beyblades, we cooked them a feast of a breakfast and tried to recover some of our strength. Then, we took Micah and Penny to see the Christmas lights at Opryland Hotel and went out to eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We finally got home around 9 and gleefully fell back into our beds in excitement that the kids had such a great weekend.

So glad Micah had such a great birthday weekend before heading off to his Dad’s for a week and ½, next time we see him more excitement will ensue on Christmas Eve!

Weekend Grade: A+ with no hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment