Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Big News: Penelope is 2!

Penny is two years-old. I cannot believe my eyes when I look at her. It is hard to believe that two years ago was the very first time that I saw my precious baby girl. I remember being so nervous throughout the whole day...in the delivery room I was as pale as a white sheet but I tried to play it off like I was doing alright, for Brittany. But honestly, I was petrified.

Of what, I'm not certain. Maybe I wouldn't be the father she deserved, maybe she wouldn't like me, maybe something horrible could have gone wrong in the delivery...

But so far, I think all my fears have been for nothing. Both Brittany and Penny came out of the delivery room (thank God for that), and I can't judge myself of how good of a father I am but I know that she loves me because of the way she greets me when I get home from work. It never gets old, as soon as I open the door I hear "DAAYYYDDDEEEE!" and she runs up and gives me multiple hugs. It's one of the best parts of my day.

I'm trying to cherish every second I can get with her while she is this tiny. Because as soon as I know it, I'll be watching her drive off to prom, watching her meet our future son-in-law, walking her down the aisle...meeting my grandbabies...

Okaaay, sorry, jumping a little ahead of myself! Penny is two and I'm cherishing her while I can!

Her party was a blast, we had tons of family and friends come over and hangout in the backyard. The backyard was stacked with a trampoline, bounce house, bird house painting and an outdoor movie! I almost think that some of the adults had more fun than the kids, haha! It was great to see everyone and to see Penny have such a wonderful time as a toddler.

These moments are the ones that we need to cherish.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment