Thursday, November 4, 2010

Challenge Day 01 - Introduce Yourself

My name is Mike Burkey, I'm a month away from my 25th birthday. Geez, that age looks strange to me...just realized I'm a forth of a century old. I have a beautiful wife, Brittany, who I've been married to for a little over two years now. I have a five (almost six) year old step-son, Micah, who is full of energy and adventure. He is also the smartest little kid I've ever met. I have a gorgeous 3 month old daughter, Penny, who is a bundle of joy and is growing bigger every day.

I work for a company called Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) as a Web Content Editor for their East and West Florida divisions. Oddly enough I work out of HCA's corporate campus in Nashville, TN. Oh, the beauty of technology. I graduated from Western Kentucky University with a bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Studies with an Emphasis in Technology. Though, I changed majors twice - started in journalism, then switched to advertising, then switched to IS.

I have a lot of interests, sometimes I feel like I have too much to really fit into my day. I'm a homebody, I love just sitting at home with my family and spending time with them. I love the NFL, it's probably my biggest obsession. I love watching TV shows and actually think they are better than watching movies now. ABC's Lost is my favorite show ever, however it finished earlier this year so it has been rough trying to replace it.

I'm a creative person, I love writing (obviously) even though I'm not the best at it. I love graphic design and web design. I love playing my guitar and song writing. I love music in general and my musical tastes have changed a lot over the past few years. I love doing video work, producing and editing, and can't wait to get more into that soon.

I'm not a MAC person I own a PC. Nor do I have an iPhone, I have an Android HTC Hero. I own a Xbox 360, not a PS3. I definitely like Pepsi better than Coke. Root Beer has been my drink of choice lately. Halloween and Christmas are my favorite holidays. I'm not a very religions person but that is beginning to change. I'm not very interested in politics either, so looks like you won't have any controversial conversations with me in the future. My favorite food is Chicken Cordon Bleu and my favorite dessert is Cheesecake. UMMMMMMMM I think that's about all I can think about. If anyone has any questions just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment