Monday, November 8, 2010

Weddings,Garth, Jerseys and Broken Tails - Weekend Adventure Time


Part Uno


Weekends in the Burkey household should be spelled like this: “Adventure-time-GO-GO-GO!”

It seems that every weekend for the past couple of weeks have been crammed full of insanity that I don’t have any time to do anything around the house or sit down and take a breather. I’m not complaining about that either, surprisingly. There is almost a satisfaction of finishing off a busy weekend, knowing that I didn’t just sit around the house the whole time.

This weekend was no different than others lately, let me give you the rundown:

Saturday


I wake up with Penny crying at 5:15am. I decide to wake up with her, letting Britt sleep since she has a big wedding to shoot today. I give Pen a bottle and try to rock her asleep but she just wants to stay up. Hello NFL Network early in the morning.

After a while of tending to Penny and getting ready Brittany and I plan out the morning. It is about 7:30 now. Britt needs to leave to arrive at Christy and Wade’s wedding at 8:30 to begin shooting the pre-ceremony stuff. My tasks for the morning are to run by Derek and Amanda’s house to drop off Micah’s jersey, run to Kim and Randy’s to drop off Penny then arrive at Kroger by 8:30 to make sure I get in line for Garth Brooks’ tickets. Then, after the ticket waiting I was going to take our cat, Sun, to the vet for a weird tail injury we noticed the night before. Then finally, meet up with Britt and Raleigh at the wedding to help them.

(-Side tracking here: These Garth Brooks tickets have been crazy to deal with. First I had to wait in line on Thursday to get a wristband, which allowed me to wait in line on Saturday to get tickets. Problem is, I was supposed to go with Britt to the wedding to assist her. So, I was going to get the wristband Thursday, give it to my mom so she can wait in line, so I could go to the wedding. WELL, they made sure to strap the wristband on my wrist Thursday and I was not allowed to take it off [that was fun for three days]. That means that I had to be the one to wait in line! Ahh! They are pretty nazi about those wristbands too.)

Back on track – Britt leaves late from the house, forgets the computer. We plan on meeting at her parent’s house when I drop off Pen to get the computer. I pack my car full of all of Penny’s stuff, grab the computer and start heading out the door. The dog is still outside from when Britt left...great…stupid…dog. I chase the dog for a few minutes and luckily she runs into the house (usually takes upwards of 30 mins to get her inside). I get Pen in the car and leave, late.

Britt calls me on the way to her parent’s house, Sun needs to get into the vet asap for them to be able to look at her. The injury looks pretty serious so I had to figure out a way to get her to the vet and get all this other stuff done. CRAP! I’m not at Randy and Kim’s yet – and it is already 8:20. CRAP AGAIN! We have a problem, not enough time for all the things I need to do. Think, think, think.

Ok, I’m meeting my mom (who is going to buy all of our tickets, cause she is awesome) at Kroger, and my dad is waiting at home. We can figure this out. Dad went to go grab Sun and take her to the vet, I went and dropped Penny off and gave Britt the computer and my mom went to drop Micah’s jersey off at Derek and Amanda’s while I stood in line at Kroger. DEAL! I get to Kroger on time, my dad is on the way to get Sun and my mom is about to meet me to grab the jersey. All is well with that stuff, now the waiting game begins for these tickets.

8:45 – The line is full of wristband wearers, but I’m still confident that I will get tickets. The way they set up the wristbands allows me to be the first person in line, or the last person, depending on what number they draw. The wristbands started at number 41, ended at number 110, I was number 75. So I was pretty close to the middle. If they drew 76 though, I would be the very last person in line, if they drew 74, I’d be the second person in line. Not too hard to understand.

9:05 – They draw the number: 91. GAH! Now that puts me closer to the back of the line. Not good. Ok let’s try ticketmaster.com or calling ticketmaster while I wait in line. My dad was still at the vet and my mom was done dropping the jersey off, so she went home and sat at the computer. Now, we waited again – the tickets didn’t actually go on sale until 10.

9:45 – I’ve made friends in the line, I’d feel bad if I got tickets and the person behind me didn’t…I can’t let my feeling interfere. I must complete the mission.

10:00 – Ticket sales open up.

10:03 – Show is sold out, only 3 people out of the line got tickets….are you freaking kidding me?

10:05 – Kroger tells everyone to stay in line, grumblings of a second show start up.

10:07 – Second show opens up, everyone gets anxious again.

10:10 – Second show is sold out, only about 8 more people get tickets…man this is pointless. I call my mom, she is getting nothing online and over the phone. She can’t get through.

10:15 – Grumblings of a third show start up, then the show goes on sale! The line is moving a little bit, but still pretty slow. First buyer in our line for the third show screams, jumps up and down…she just received forth row tickets to the Sunday show. WOW.

10:24 – Third show has not sold out yet, I’m getting closer and closer to the counter. Only back about 3 people…I stare at the woman behind the counter as she mouths “I’m sorry I tried” to the current costumer. I pee my pants and clinch my fists. I WAS SO CLOSE. NOOOOOOO.

10:25 – That costumer gets tickets, and the line is continuing to move…there is hope. Use the force Luke! I get asked “how many?” I’m in shock, “4?”

10:26 – I’m walking out of Kroger with 4 tickets to the Sunday show, kind of bad seats but I still have tickets. I call my mom, WOOO TICKETS!

You know what is really funny? I’m not a huge fan of country music, I barely know any Garth Brooks songs, but I still was very worried that I wouldn’t get tickets. I think it was the experience more than anything…Also the fact that I was waiting in line for my parents and for one of Brittany’s birthday presents. I know they will all be stoked that I completed my quest for tickets. Do I get like some special sword or gold or something as a reward? Oh, sorry, that’s for WoW nerds.

Part two coming next!!!!!

(funny that this is by far my longest post and I’m only to 10:30 in the morning on Saturday! Lol.)

No comments:

Post a Comment